Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SW 2013: Day 1

We left the house at 6:00 AM sharp and arrived around 6:30 (CST) to the MidAmerica Nazarene University campus. I managed to drive and not freak out from excitement. Still not quite sure how I did that.

The registration line was really quick to get through, so after saying hi to a few people, I got my things and went to set up my dorm. I'm rooming with my Grandma and another OYANer this year, so that will be fun.

For most of the evening, I hung out with some people in the Tipping Lounge/Gym. I don't know as many people as last year, but the few people I do know are pretty close friends. So, that's a benefit.

I also talked to Mr. AND Mrs. S tonight, so that was pretty cool. If you're reading my blog and you're not an OYANer, then you should know that Mr. and Mrs. S are somewhat of celebrities around OYAN.

The only reason I'm up this late right now is because I'm actually waiting for my roomate--Lindsay--to arrive. Her flight got delayed for 3 hours and someone just went to pick her up. Hopefully she'll be arriving before too long.

A more interesting post will be coming tomorrow after I actually have a full day here. And...I'll take pictures. I forgot to do that.

Keep shmiling!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment