Thursday, September 26, 2013

There's an oil for that.

As some of you might know, I’ve been interested in essential oils for a little while. After partially tearing a ligament in my hand/wrist while moving hay last winter, a friend of mine recommended using essential oils to help with the healing process and use as a painkiller. One of my piano student’s moms sells oils for Young Living and she helped me figure out which ones to use. My parents were a little skeptical at first that they’d work, but that didn’t last long. I used an oil blend called Deep Relief to help with pain, and an oil called Helichrysum to repair the damage I’d done. The oils helped heal that up, as well as keeping the pain away.

Another experience I’ve had with essential oils is from using the Peace and Calming blend that Young Living sells. My family went up to Wisconsin last week to visit some relatives and after about 8 hours in the car, my little siblings started to get squirmy and loud. I put a drop of Peace and Calming on each of their wrists and they settled down within five minutes. I’m pretty sure Peace and Calming is now my mom’s favorite blend. An added bonus is that Peace and Calming smells absolutely amazing. It’s very fruity and I wear it as a perfume sometimes.

"Peace & Calming® is a gentle, fragrant blend. When diffused, it helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit, promoting relaxation and a deep sense of peace. When massaged on the bottoms of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night's rest. Peace & Calming may be especially calming and comforting to young children after an overactive and stressful day." quoted from http://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/essential-oils/blends/peace-calming-essential-oil
So, I’m now an essential oils distributor with Young Living. All of you who use/sell oils can now rejoice—I have joined the dark side (no, just kidding. I know it’s not the dark side). And to those of you who don’t use oils (yet), I hope you learn something from my small supply of oily knowledge. Posts on this blog will now include occasional things I’ve learned about a particular essential oil, experiences I or others I know have had, and things of that nature.


More posts on oils to come soon. :)

2 comments: