Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo -- Day 0

4 hours, 38 minutes.

I've spent the entire month of October building up to starting my novel tomorrow. To be honest, I'm starting to get a little nervous. If you're friends with me on Facebook, I'm sure you've seen my various posts about being excited. That is very true as well. I don't think my family will be letting me near any sugar this evening, for fear that I may start bouncing uncontrollably.

My goal for this month is to write at least 50,000 words. While looking at my novel however, I've been starting to think it's going to need to be longer, maybe 70,000 words. I've never written anything that long before, so I suppose we'll see how it goes.

I'll be posting some snippets (you can't have the entire thing yet!), as well as how it's been going and just general updates on my crazy endeavor.

If you're reading this and doing NaNoWriMo, please comment below with your blog link and I'll add it to the list.

I should probably go for now. I have some motivational dried fruit and coffee (oh, did I say I like coffee?) that need to buy. Until tomorrow!

Chazak Amats,
Katie

Other's doing NaNoWriMo:
A Writer's Corner in the World - HorseRidingWriter
Hybrid Student - Reagan Ramm
Inkyocelot - Marissa Norris
The Bookwyrm's Den - Nicolae Holley
Thought Doodle - Jared Vincent
A Novelist's Notebook - Sarah Millz

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! 70,000! You can do it. Typing speed won't be an issue for you. :P

    ReplyDelete