Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 14

Total word count: 22,822 (I think it's cool how there is an 8 right in the middle...okay, maybe I'm a bit weird.)
Words written today: 2,007

I'll probably be writing more this evening, but since my posts have tended to be a little late, I thought I'd just play it safe and post now.

My story literally wrote itself today. I just word-warred with someone and did 2007 words in 45 minutes. We were both shocked after I counted them up. I was sort of dreading starting to write today, but as soon as I got into it, I had a hard time stopping.

So my writerly tip for today is to just start writing if you want to beat writer's block. I borrowed that from an article a good friend wrote for Kingdom Pen (which everyone should go subscribe to NOW if you're not already). It seems kind of obvious, but seriously, just sit down and start plunking out some words. It might not be the best thing you've ever written, but it gets the juices flowing.

I also decided today that no one will be reading this novel until I edit it. So, that will probably be Christmas time.


This guy looks like a character in my novel. Minus all of the science stuff.


My main character is going to start figuring out some of the mysteries I've planned, so the next chapters should be interesting. I also really want to add a sort of funny scene, but I don't have any idea how I'd do that yet. The character in the picture above and Eli would probably be the two who have the funniest interactions. Maybe something that has to do with...oh, I can't tell you that yet.

Chazak Amats!
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment