Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 4

Total word count: 11,060
Words written today: 1,039

There's really nothing too exciting to report from today. I took it easy after writing 4,000 words yesterday. I was SO exhausted this afternoon that I was considering taking a break. But, then I decided I should just make myself do it, so I did.

Eli got out of the hospital today. He's on crutches and he's kind of grumpy. I guess that's to be expected when it's after midnight, you have a leg wound and the whole town is talking about how you were injured and passed out in front of a crowd. Not to mention you're confused about...well...not to mention you're confused.

I've gotten to what the OYAN curriculum refers to as the 'Middle Cycle' and honestly, I'm not looking forward to it all that much. The middles of my books before have always been boring for me to write and because of that, are probably boring to the reader. I've got some events planned to happen and I think (I hope) enough mystery to make it more interesting. I might have to add some action when I go back to edit.

I'm still ahead of schedule according to the NaNoWriMo site. It says that if I continue at this rate (so, approximately 2,800 a day) I'll be done with the 50,000 by November 18th.

My evil Inner Editor is starting to get really annoying. I'm such a perfectionist sometimes. Maybe I'll duct tape it's mouth shut. Yes, I think I'll go do that now.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment