Friday, November 16, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 16 (This is the month that never ends!)

Total Word Count: 30,018
Words written today: 5,006

I passed the 150 page/30,000 mark today!

Eli has mostly figured the important things out at this point. There isn't a lot of mystery now, but there are a few things that I'm planning to leave hanging until the end.


I need to get some conflict going in the next few scenes. Although I did just add another fist fight. I've really got to stop with these. I don't know why, but that just seems like the easiest way for the villain to be nasty. Kind of silly, when you think about it. I'll come up with something more interesting to do next time.

It's really encouraging to see how much I've grown in my skill as a writer since I last did NaNoWriMo. I'm now at the 30,018 point. I didn't reach this word count two years ago until the 26th. I'm hope 10 days from now, I'll be over the 50,000 mark.

I'm looking forward to the end of the month now. I'm really starting to get tired. Of course, it could be my lack of sleep working as well. Ah, forget sleep. I'll just write. I can do 14 more days of this.

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment