Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 20

Total word count: 32,913
Words written today: 2,895

Quote: "Investigation time. Again." - Eli Walker.

Today is my first day writing since Friday. It went pretty well, considering. I wasn't too far behind, so it was easy to catch up.

I've gotten to a point in my novel where I'm not really sure what's supposed to happen next. I know exactly where I need to end up, and even some events that happen immediately prior, but I'm not there yet. I think I'm probably more than 20,000 words away. That's exciting and kinda of depressing at the same time. It means this will be my longest novel yet, but it also means 20,000 more words. 

As usual, there are lots of things I'm seeing I'll need to go back and change, such as historical facts and what-not. 

This novel is my first time having a guy main character and it's not going as badly as I expected it to. Some of what he does probably isn't very realistic, but I think some of it is. I suppose we'll see what my awesome critiquers think.

I wrote out how one of the "travel mechanisms" in my book works today and I started coming up with ideas for more. Who knows? Maybe I can come up with something else involving mental travel. I think that would be pretty awesome.

At this point, only 9 days left. If I want to get to 50,000, I only have 17,000 more words to write. That's only 1,888 per day. Shouldn't be too bad.

Chazak Amats!
~Katie

1 comment: