Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 3

Total word count: 10,021
Words written today: 4,012

I passed the 10k mark today! Actually, I passed it about 5 minutes ago. I spent the entire evening writing and word warring with some good friends. Chapter 3 is the longest chapter now and my book is currently 50 pages long Microsoft Word.

Chapter 3 was a big chapter and very defining for the story as a whole. I laid out some of the mysteries that are going to be a big part of my novel. Oh, Eli also got wounded today. Yes, he's fine. He'll survive...most likely. 

I've not decided yet if I'll write tomorrow. I might be too tired. Then again...I'm having a hard time just letting this story sit on my laptop unwritten for a while. I took the SAT this morning and I'm pretty sure I came up with half the new ideas during the breaks.

Quote from the day:
(to give you a little bit of context, my MC got injured in the Civil War. He's talking to one of the nurses in this bit of dialogue).
"She stopped reading and looked up. “Yes, sir?” 
     “Do you have ibuprofen?”
     “Eye-bu-pro-fin?” she sounded out the word, bemused." --Nurse and Eli (MC), Chapter 3 of One Thirty-Six PM.

I almost forgot! Something else very exciting happened today! I came up with a working title. It's One Thirty-Six PM. Now, I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but at least I have something better than CWHF (yep, that stands for Civil War Historical Fiction. So creative.)

I'm thinking of getting some sleep now. Or maybe watching a movie. Ah well, doesn't matter.

Until tomorrow!
~Katie

2 comments:

  1. You took the SAT Saturday??? Wow.

    I can't wait to read what you've written. You've gotten a lot more done since I last read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I did. Why is that 'wow'? :P

      Yay! I'm glad you want to read it. :D Hopefully it's good...I did bunches of foreshadowing. Oh, I also added the scene you suggested at the beginning of chapter 1. I'm going to have to fix it when I start editing, but I think it will work nicely. :)

      Delete