Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Baltimore Plot

I was searching for the layout of Washington DC in 1861 this evening and I found something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_Plot

"The Baltimore Plot was an alleged conspiracy in late February 1861 to assassinate President-elect Abraham Lincoln en route to his inauguration. Allan Pinkerton, founder of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, played a key role by managing Lincoln's security throughout the journey. Though scholars debate where or not the threat was real, clearly Lincoln and his advisors believed that there was a threat and took actions to ensure his safe passage through Baltimore, Maryland."

I'm thinking of incorporating this into my novel. Perhaps having my main character and the ally figure out something about the plot and try to stop the person behind it. The ally might even be related to the evil conspirator...still need to think about that.

Needless to say, I'm getting WAY more energized about my novel.

If I had more energy, I would be dancing excitedly like this alligator.

~Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment